Calls for applicants
*The dissemination of the first call has been possible thanks to the support of the SIMPACT project (Spanish Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness- MINECO, EUC2014-C-51553).
Two options are available for the candidates in terms of mobility (updated for the second call):
- Outgoing scheme: 12-18 month in any country worldwide different from Spain and 18-24 month back at IDIBAPS. In exceptional and well-justified cases, the fellows can also perform their contract initially at IDIBAPS for up to 6 months.
- Incoming scheme: 36-month at IDIBAPS.
All candidates must meet the following criteria (updated for the second call) that can be modified according to the career breaks to ensure equal opportunities:
- Mobility criteria:
- Outgoing scheme: Not having resided or carried out the main activity in the country where the initial outgoing phase takes place for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the call deadline.
- Incoming scheme: Not having resided or carried out the main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the call deadline
- Clinical criteria: Having completed a clinical residency training or equivalence (3 years of part-time clinical activity) in the last 10 years prior to the call deadline.
- Research criteria: Demonstrate a PhD or equivalence (4 years of full-time equivalent research experience) prior to the call deadline. This option is only available for candidates with a clinical residency training.
- Publications criteria: 1 Q1 indexed original article as main author.
Please be aware that a good command of English is also required to apply to the programme.
Check your eligibility
In case you have been on a leave during either your clinical studies/professional activity, please send us an email so your particular case can be evaluated.
All candidates must submit their application before the call deadline with the following data:
- Personal information
- Career path
- Motivation letter and future prospects
- Letters of reference, letter of support from the host institutions, certificates and/or diplomas proving their eligibility.
- A 36-month research proposal fitting in one of the BITRECS research lines.
Candidates' evaluation consists of two phases:
- Remote phase to select the best eligible candidate in terms of excellence.
- Face-to-face interview and final selection phase to help judge the potential of each candidate to be future independent and outstanding European research leaders.
Evaluators will consider the candidate’s excellence in terms of scientific performance and research proposal, together with their motivation and commitment to the initiative.
Candidates feeling that there has been a shortcoming in the way their proposals has been evaluated can present a redress request in the 15 days following the publication of the call resolution. Each request will be answered accordingly. If required, fill in a request procedure form and send it by email.
Please find here a document with the frequently asked questions regarding the BITRECS programme and its application process.