Promising and motivated young postdoctoral fellows who have combined research with clinical activity. These researchers, able to bridge biomedical research discoveries into tangible clinical treatments and technologies, are expected to focus on their research career for the next 3 years with the purpose to become clinician-scientist leaders in the future.
Clinician-scientists with different professional backgrounds are invited to apply for the programme: medical doctors, pharmacists, biologists, psychologists, between others. More information in the section Calls about the eligibility criteria and application requirements.
- Recruit 10 fellows through two international peer-reviewed calls based on excellence.
- Offer them a 36-month contract to perform their own research project. Two options are now available: 1) Outgoing scheme: 12-18 month outgoing phase in any country worldwide different from Spain and 18-24 month at IDIBAPS and 2) Incoming scheme: 36 months at IDIBAPS.
- Provide the selected fellows with a research training programme which represents a unique opportunity to promote their scientific excellence and careers.
- 3-year employment contract with competitive salary and allowances.
- Annual gross salary: around 50.000€ (living+ mobility allowance) plus additional yearly allowance for training and networking events.
- Social security coverage in the workplace during all the fellowship.
- Positive and stimulating working environment at IDIBAPS and the outgoing institution (if this applies) with access to appropriate facilities for implementing a high-quality research project.
- Life-long training and networking opportunities especially related to career development, business and entrepreneurship.
- Excellent supervision and mentoring to monitor the fellows’ progress.
- Support to bring the research results to the clinical practice in terms of exploitation, dissemination and public engagement.