Mobility scheme (updated)
Two options are now available for the candidates in terms of mobility:
- Outgoing scheme: 12-18 month in any country worldwide different from Spain and 18-24 month back at IDIBAPS. In exceptional and well-justified cases, the fellows can also perform their contract initially at IDIBAPS for up to 6 months.
- Incoming scheme: 36-month at IDIBAPS.
All candidates must meet the following criteria (updated for the second call) that can be modified according to the career breaks to ensure equal opportunities:
- Mobility criteria:
- Outgoing scheme: Not having resided or carried out the main activity in the country where the initial outgoing phase takes place for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the call deadline.
- Incoming scheme: Not having resided or carried out the main activity in Spain for more than 12 months in the last 3 years prior to the call deadline
- Clinical criteria: Having completed a clinical residency training or equivalence (3 years of part-time clinical activity) in the last 10 years prior to the call deadline.
- Research criteria: Demonstrate a PhD or equivalence (4 years of full-time equivalent research experience) prior to the call deadline. This option is only available for candidates with a clinical residency training.
- Publications criteria: 1 Q1 indexed original article as main author.
Please be aware that a good command of English is also required to apply to the programme.
Check your eligibility
In case you have been on a leave during either your clinical studies/professional activity, please send us an email so your particular case can be evaluated.
All candidates must submit their application before the call deadline with the following data:
- Personal information
- Career path
- Motivation letter and future prospects
- Letters of reference, letter of support from the host institutions, certificates and/or diplomas proving their eligibility.
Moreover, it is mandatory for the candidates to design and present their own 36-month research proposal fitted into one of the BITRECS research lines.
Once the calls are resolved, the results of the evaluation will be available in this section:
Send the request for redress if required by email.
BITRECS is a programme based on excellence. Evaluators will consider the candidate’s excellence in terms of scientific performance and research proposal, together with their motivation and commitment to the initiative.
- Remote phase to select the best eligible candidate in terms of excellence.
- Face-to-face interview and final selection phase to help judge the potential of each candidate to be future independent and outstanding European research leaders.
Please also be aware that a good command of English is needed at evaluation stage.